About

Friday, January 31, 2020

2019 Conclusion

I failed to write several reviews towards the end of 2019.  I get that way sometimes.

If I did not publish them here I may have published something on View all my Goodread's reviews, or The Library Thing. Sometimes I do that. There is another "sagelyfox" on Wordpress, although less well maintained.

Here are the books I believe I failed to review here:

  • Iron Gold (Red Rising Saga, #4) by Brown, Pierce * 
  • Code Breakers: Prequel by Barnes, Colin F. *
  • Code Breakers: Delta (Code Breakers #4) by Barnes, Colin F. *
  • Morning Star (Red Rising Saga, #3) by Brown, Pierce *
  • Gamma (Code Breakers #3) by Barnes, Colin F. *
  • Beta (Code Breakers #2) by Barnes, Colin F. *
  • Alpha (Code Breakers #1) by Barnes, Colin F. *
  • The Warrior Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #4) by King, Emily R *
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3) by King, Emily R *
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2) by King, Emily R *
I enjoyed every one of them.  If I were asked for recommendations I'd tell you to read Pierce Brown first, Emily King second, and Colin Barnes third.  They each have their own strengths.

Sorry for the screw up.  Actually the story of my life and if honest, the lives of every person I know or have heard or read about.  Us humans tend to fall flat on our faces rather regularly.  If you're human, I recommend getting up, dusting yourself off, and moving along.

No loss is worthy of your self extermination.

Pain is one of the universes most remarkable tools.  If you're feeling any of it, 1. You're alive, 2. There may be a chance the pain will stop, 3. If you're feeling it, something's wrong. 4a. If something's wrong, it's usually not the end of your life but your body is telling you "HEY! PAY ATTENTION HERE!"

4b. If it is emotional pain... like you just discovered the love of your life betrayed you, your best friend has treated you worse than any enemy you've had, or any emotional pain in between. It does suck. Sadly, I've lived long enough to know folks die of broken hearts, but hope actually can prevent those kinds of deaths.  Find some hope.  Life is always worth living. I've wondered at times, having seen war, but I'm assured every life is valuable regardless of how your head may conspire against that fact. 

Finally, 5. Death probably isn't as scary as some folks would have you believe, and if you're still here, you're not finished living yet.  

Have a wonderful 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment