About

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Wraith - Debt Collector 10

Wraith (Debt Collector #10)Wraith by Susan Kaye Quinn

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The story, as short as it is, remains exciting. This book is very much about establishing Wraith, who she is. I give it three stars for some "internal-editor" reason I may remember to mention, but I do recommend the season and all the books in it as I've grown to respect Susan Kay Quinn as a person trying to do some remarkable things with her writing. I do pray I will write something about this at length at some future time.

This second season likely will be about Wraith's "growth", if my editor-critique-gut is working. This "Season" will be about Wraith going from being a mainly naive debt collector to accepting the reality of actual "good guy" debt collectors (as far as such a thing can be imagined). While Wraith will have some exceptional qualities, the events will shape her from one barely surviving situation until the next until she finally "gets it"- and my great hope is that Susan Kaye Quinn allows her to survive the entire season. I do know for a fact that Mr. Quinn does have the writer's courage to make remarkable literary decisions, even as monumental as killing off primary characters.

I would like to mention differences from Debt Collector Season One and Season Two. Season one was about Lirium, a "government" worker "life debt collector" doing legitimate "government" -- work that must have been a foresight written into Obama-care or the UK health system. BTW, he makes a cameo appearance in this story.


Wraith, is the "new" debt collector who is the focus in this season. Wraith is a wealthy individual who has debt collecting abilities but is more like a Bruce Wayne doing Batman's work in the "debt collecting" realm, with an Alfred Pennyworth type character called Mirial who has the private invention-creating life of Q, James Bond 007's "gadget creator". I think Ms. Quinn is going with a "Robin Hood" theme from the flavor of this first story in Debt Collector, Season Two.

I look forward to the exciting adventures of this new season. Sadly, the reviews will come slowly as I've decided I need to read some classics I've neglected for decades and which no person should die without having read them. So I believe I'll give those books a higher priority these first few months of the year.

Story was read/heard complete on 1/1/19, Review written 1/6/17
View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment