About

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Fallback, a Sam Prichard Mystery by David Archer.


Fallback (Sam Prichard #0.5)Fallback by David Archer


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this book, its writing, and Mikael Naramore's reading of it a great deal. I'm reviewing strictly the audiobook so the fact is, I'll always hear Sam Prichard in Mikael Naramore's voice, but the casual writing style or voice of David Archer is an integral part of Sam Prichard, a character I will enjoy through several books thanks to David Archer's productivity.

This four star book is primarily Sam Prichard's back story. One reason I didn't go with five stars is there's really no relationship with the first several chapters to the story which finally grabs the reader. It's interesting enough to read, but the tragedy of Sam Prichard's late teens love life is not terribly relevant to the story David Archer finally gets around to telling. I presume since he wrote a prequel after publishing a book or two, it will be relevant in future books.


I was taught if you talk about a shotgun over the fireplace in act one, you need to be using it by act three. When the early years relationship never came up again, and several other things, I had to knock off a star on "story". But it is still an interesting read.

I am going to enjoy me some more Sam Prichard Mysteries in the future.

View all my Goodreads reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment